A comprehended god is no god.

A comprehended god is no god.

A wise saying by saintly John Chrysostom

Sunday, January 23, 2011

We're all blessed

Just minutes after I thought of Googling the word "blessed" because I half expected to see my name pop up (since I was having such a good day) the phone rang and took me down the rabbit hole.  It is still true, I have more than I need, enough of enough, and love having spiritual growth spurts, but that does not take away the fact that life is difficult.  Nonetheless, life is dear.  We are all blessed beyond measure.  That's just how God rolls.

My dear friend, Fr. Mark Stuart, has come out with a book titled Grief Transformed: A Miraculous Story Of The Healing Power Of Love Between This Life And The Next.  I read it during the course of one evening and couldn't put it down. Mark is grieving the loss of his life partner.  He has a fresh appreciation for thinking about eternal life and how thin the line is between heaven and earth. During his grieving process Mark found solace in the fact that love is bigger than death and true love has an eternal quality.  If you have experienced the loss of someone close to you, or know someone who has, this story is uplifting and surprising.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

My grades were just released: an A and some B's, but the exciting part was the grade in Hebrew.  I got a B and worked hard to get it.  I've never been so proud of a B before, but to tell you the truth, this one feels pretty good.  And to top it all, the Packers just won the game this afternoon and are going to the Super Bowl.  The Bear's third string QB was amazing and actually had me worried.  He'll be someone to watch!  Good game Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment